I know, it's something I don't think about a lot, but lately (thanks Natalie) I've been trying to consiously remind myself that I AM A DELIBERATE MOTHER. I chose to become a mom and this is what I want to be doing with my life.
My friend, Natalie, got me onto The Power of Moms. You've got to check it out... www.powerofmoms.com.
I watched their most recent webinar about Entitlement. I have to tell you, I nodded my head yes and commented to the computer (the computer didn't respond) for an entire hour. Watch it...tonight when your kids go to bed. It is well worth your hour and so much better than whatever reality TV show you are into.
I'm starting today...I'm going to work on this entitlement issue. We're going to start focusing on principles of ownership so that they don't feel entitled to every little thing in life. And maybe someday they won't feel like they are going do DIE if they going into a store and NOT BUY something (doesn't matter what kind of a store it is: furniture, jewelry, grocery, clothing, office supply). It's amazing what kids can think they "need" in the most random stores that you think don't have anything a kid could want.
I'm ordering the book!


2 comments:
A few of my friends in MD belong to a power of moms group. I am interested to watch this.
I want that book, too! I'm glad that you've like it. I don't deserve credit - I just happened to hear about it before you did. :)
Are you in a learning circle? I'm not sure where you live - but my group is meeting tomorrow night (Thurs, 7/28) should you be interested in joining us. Email me if you want to come. nat.robinson@yahoo
Post a Comment