Summer has not been kind to this little boy.
or maybe it's that Barrett hasn't been too kind to Summer...
I'm starting to think I don't worry about my kids enough because they are always getting hurt. Barrett especially. He's into everything and not afraid of anything!
I think it's a little early to start campaigning, but I'm already in the running for PARENT OF THE YEAR AWARD!
Don't get me wrong...We have had the BEST SUMMER EVER! (warning: very few of the pictures match the description and I'm not taking the time to rearrange them...you get the idea)
We've camped.
We've gone to Lagoon a couple of times.
We've gone to Seven Peaks a few times.
All four big kids got new bikes (it was much needed).
Did lots of trails on the four-wheelers.
We hung out in St. George for two weeks.
Did the 4th of July in Delta and enjoyed the Parade.
Watched the Mapleton Fireworks that Uncle Steve put on (Firestorm Pyrotechnics).
Did the carousel and waterfall at St. George city center.
Did TONS and TONS of swimming.
Sold golf balls many, many mornings on the corner of our street.
Did some serious golf ball diving at the ponds with Uncle Craig.
Spent lots of quality time with Aunts & Uncles.
We did a lot of the bounce houses, miniature golf, etc...
Ryan Played in a lot of baseball games.
We went to a few movies (I recommend Smurfs 3D).
On top of that, Barrett also:
Had a double ear infection that took three antibiotics to clear up. (not really a picture to show for that).
Fell face first onto the snow-plow blade that goes on the four-wheeler. Had to go to emergency pediatric dentist for that . I really couldn't bring myself to take a picture of it because it really was that disgusting. Jeff tried, but kept getting the dentist's hand instead of the mouth and injuries.
Hurt his foot at Anti-Gravity in St. George. We had it x-rayed and wouldn't you know that little kids don't really have bones in their feet until they are a bit older. Therefore, it was just popped cartilage, but still looked gross and he wouldn't walk on it for days.
(Seriously, enlarge this picture and check out that ear...
it's Hitch multiplied by like 100)
Then, last night we had a neighborhood BBQ. Barrett apparently sneezed on a wasp nest and kind of got attacked. He got stung 6 times (that we can tell) in the ear, one time on the back of the head, once on the tummy, and once on the back. Poor thing. The gross stuff on his ear is mud from my neighbor to help pull the heat out of the stings (before I decided to take him to the doctor).
it's Hitch multiplied by like 100)



3 comments:
Sorry about the stings at the BBQ! You would think the pest control guy could take care of his own house huh!
Poor little guy.. and poor mamma too! It has been such a great summer! Now: On to hunting/holiday seasons.. more good times!
What a great summer you've had!! Love it!
Post a Comment