I keep trying to convince myself that Nick is getting better as he is getting older, but I think I'm kidding myself. Here's a conversation I had with Ryan yesterday as we were in the backyard sitting on the swing and enjoying a little bit of sunshine:
Mom: "Ryan, what is that in your ear?"
Ryan: "What?"
Mom: "What is that in your ear?"
Ryan: "What? I don't know!"
Mom: "Come over here and let me see what is in your ear."
Ryan: "Okay"
Mom: "Is that........Is that GUM in your ear???"
Ryan: "Well, I didn't want to hear Nick crying anymore."
From there, before I thought to reach for my camera, I pulled the wadded up gum out in long strings and then spent 20 minutes with a q-tip and baby oil getting the remnants out of his ear canal.
And that is why I think I'm kidding myself that Nick is getting better...he still cries a lot and NEVER sleeps, day or night!
6 comments:
What a funny story!!! That is hilarious!! =) I hope it gets better soon with Nick!
Oh man- I am so sorry. I hope it gets better soon. For everyone sake!
LOL! I am laughing so hard at your story! That is classic. Gum in the ear, I never heard or thought of that one. Sorry to hear that your little guy isn't sleeping! hope it ends soon.
Hey Kelly, its Erica(christensen) Bishop. I love your blog. Your family is adorable.
Hang in there, someday this too shall pass. I do hope it is very soon!!! RaeMi
I finally found you! My blog erased all my contacts so I had to do a little snooping around, fun to find Katie too! I also saw Craig and his soon to be new fiance' in St. George the other weekend, cute little couple!
Post a Comment