Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom (Mom, you're the best. Could'nt have asked for a better, more supportive mom), Mother-in-law, and step-mom. You've taught me more than you'll ever know about being a mom. Also Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.

Shawn and Sierra brought home cookbooks that the kindergarten classes had made for their moms. Each kindergartner told their teacher what their favorite cookie was to make with their mom and then a little bit about their mom. Then the teachers called all the moms for the actual recipe.

I laughed so hard as I read about what the kids described their mom as. I call McKenzie and made sure that she put me on the list for her upcoming 14th birthday party (according to Maizey's page). Here are Shawn & Sierra's pages out of the cookbooks. I'm loving the age on each one and that Sierra thinks that I love to go to the Dollar Store. Not sure of the last time I went to a dollar store, but that's what I love to do. At least Shawn said I like to read to him!
Sierra's wording about me:
My mom's name is mommy
She is 41 years old.
She has blue eyes.
She has...I think...um...my color hair.
She likes to eat rice.
She likes to go to the Dollar store.
I think you can read Shawns.
Ahh...out of the mouths of babes...

5 comments:

Kate said...

That is so cute! your family is adorable and its nice to keep in touch.

The Nielsen Family said...

Don't you just love those kindergarten cook books? I love all 3 of the ones I have.

Sandy/Gram said...

You are the best daughter in the whole world! You are a wonderful daughter, Mother, sister & wife. I am so proud of all that you do. You bring tears to my eyes when you write things about me. I love you. xoxoxo Mom

RaeMi said...

While Shawn was here he was scared to sleep in the mountain room. He told me you taught him to pray when he is scared so he had me kneel with him at the side of the bed and he said a wonderful prayer asking not to be scared, to help him be nice,etc. He went right to sleep. My prayer for you is the same...I pray you will not be scared with 5 children because you have taught the three more in a few weeks than the other Mom has in their whole life. I love you and thank you for making a difference in my life and the lives of my son and 5 precious grandchildren!

Jen said...

Kelli, I don't know if you'd remember me or not -- I'm Jen Drake. We were in elementary school together. I stumbled on your blog through the Dixie reunion blog. Your family is so cute! I noticed your kids recipes and it reminded me of this awesome website that is looking for little kids recipes -- it's called bobsyouruncle.com They're wanting to publish kids recipes into a book called Dinosaur Soup. Just send them an email through their Contact Us link. My little girl was able to get published through it and had so much fun with it!

Best wishes to your cute family!