Remembering Natalie


I found a blog a while back that is set up in remembrance of Natalie Danjanovich Labrum http://rememberingnatalie.blogspot.com. Natalie and I grew up through elementary together in Bloomington just a few houses from each other. We stayed friends even after elementary when they moved to Morningside. I remember such great times at her house and with her and her sisters.
A few memories and things that come to mind (there are so many):
-The GREAT dress that Sherie made for Natalie for the 5th grade dance (I can totally picture it)
-Super Halloween birthday parties (Natalie's birthday was October 6th...don't ask how I can't hardly remember my kids' birthdays, but I can remember hers)
-Kent always bringing home roses for the important occasions in his girls' lives
-Shaving my legs with Natalie for the first time in Kent & Sherie's huge bathtub (bathing suits on)
-The huge boxes of candy that they used to get from Natalie's uncle(?)
-and mostly I remember that I was always welcome in their home and Natalie and I always got along well, even after sleepovers and long nights of playing.
I stole a picture off http://rememberingnatalie.blogspot.com check it out and add your memories of Natalie. I think about her so often and the sweet person that she was!

3 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

I saw this blog a little while ago and keep checking it. it brings tears to my eyes every time.

Logan and Ashley said...

I cried my eyes out reading that blog. My heart goes out to that family for being so upbeat and never forgetting a loved one! I am sorry for you loss. Thank you for sharing that!

[BrookeO] said...

HOLY COW KELLY, how long has it been? Honestly! I have been wondering about you from time to time --- cutest little (or should I say big) family ever. I am loving catching up. Mind if I add you to my blog, making it easier to check back often of course!!!

email me, I am dying to chat with you!!!
brooke wilson oldroyd
bmoldroyd at yahoo dot com
brookeoldroyd dot blogspot.com