Hunting for Elk


This Past weekend was the opening of the Elk Hunt. We went with both my parents and Jeff's parents down near Mayfield in the Manti-La Sal National Forest. We had a great time, got to see a lot of elk, and enjoyed:) the new-fallen snow.


It was a pretty muddy mess, but once it snowed more than the initial 3-4" everything just sort froze over and it was beautiful. The trees were still bright colors of orange, yellow, and red and the sight was amazing. The pictures don't do the scenery justice because I wasn't about to take my good camera camping in the mud and the muck.






What a hot babe I'm married to! Sure do love him lots and lots.
Don't be too jealous of all that orange I'm wearing.
Hey, that reminds me of the funny story on how I got all that orange gear:
Jeff and I had been married about a month when I came home tired from teaching one day. We did the usual "how was your day?" talk and then Jeff said, "I bought you something today." I said "You did, where is it?" Jeff replied, "It's in the bedroom." and he had this really mischievous look on his face and was pretty excited about what it was he had purchased. Being only married for a month or so, I expected to go in our room and find a pink Victoria's Secret bag on the bed. I rounded the corner and found a giant brown bag on the bed and when I took the items out is was an orange hunting jacket, orange pants, and other hunting attire. I hadn't hunted a day in my life!!! Needless to say, I was actually a little ticked off and told him it was an absolute waste of money, that I would never use it and hunt with him, and that he should take it back. He refused and was convinced that he would convert me over to love hunting. Several years later and a lot of use out of those clothes and I've had to sort-of eat my words. We do love camping and hunting together. Who would've thought? I know that those of you who've known me for a long time would've put money on my not getting dirty, enjoying the outdoors, and helping gut dear & elk... I guess miracles do happen. Now, when I tell the orange hunting clothes story, it always gets a good laugh...even from myself.




I couldn't resist buying the puppy-dog hat when I saw it on Nick in the store. My mom put it on him when I wasn't looking and I absolutely thought it was the cutest thing, especially since Nick loves wearing it.








Love being a mom! This one is one of the best little boys in the whole world.

2 comments:

Cardwell said...

You're a brave girl to go hunting! My bros & dad always went growing up. Maybe you remember the deer hanging in our garage every year! lol! I have never been. I don't think I'm allowed! :)

Dartay said...

Love the orange get up! Good thing your a cutie and can pull that one off, not many women can! We are not a hunting family at all over here so props to you and being the coolest wife!