Catching Up












We've been back from Disneyland for almost a week and I feel like I'm just catching up on life. Disneyland was...fun with a few exceptions. Ryan had Strep and Nick had a double ear infection (that we didn't know about on the ears until after we got back), so needless to say both of the boys were a little extra crabby. There was more crying at Disneyland than I would've thought possible. Ryan wanted to just stay in the room everyday and was finally "ready to go to Disneyland" on the day we left. Overall, we had a great time. I'm so glad that we went, but next time I think we'll leave the kids with Gram and go with Craig and Britta to hang out at the beach house on Laguna Beach. Britta, you'd better believe we want to take you up on the beach house sometime, but without kids...so we can all relax and have a good time.

Lots has happened lately:

Ryan turned 6.

Nick turned 1 (at Disneyland).

I started a diet (argh, let's just call it a food restriction plan). I'm determined not to be the fatty in Mexico in a few weeks when we go for Christmas. I've lost some weight already and I have high hopes for the next few weeks. I know, I know, who does a food restriction at this time of year? I'll admit that all the treats are tempting, but if I cheat once I'll cheat everyday...so no goodies for me. I figure if I admit to my weight loss desires to all who read this and post a ticker to track the losses, then I'll be more likely to shed these extra baby pounds that are hanging on for dear life.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love that your whole family went too. What a fun time!! Sorry the boys were sick.