We spent basically all of October hunting & camping. I'm not really much of a camper (especially at 7+ months pregnant), but I'm not sure if you can consider it camping when you stay in your camp trailer with heat, showers, and a kitchen. Whatever the case, we spent a lot of time outdoors and four-wheeling. We made it an all-out family affair on the Elk Hunt. Both of my brothers came, my mom & dad, Jeff's brother, and Jeff's parents. We had a really fun time, but it snowed everyday and it was pretty muddy & gucky (I love to get dirty). The downside of the trip??? Rex & RaeMi had just purchased their new motorhome and immediately upon arrival at camp, it quit working. The guys spent a significant portion of each day trying to figure out what was wrong with it. Just when they thought they had it narrowed down, they would find something else that could possibly be causing all the stress. In the end, Rex ended up calling someone who worked on diesel engines a few hours away to come work on it. A lesson learned about going to far when you've purchased something new.

We did go to a Halloween party the weekend before Halloween and I was one proud wife when Jeff started getting dressed up in drag for the party. He insisted that he was always a drag queen on Halloween and his friends would be disappointed if he didn't dress to impress. He won the costume contest for his creativity! I especially liked that he even wore nylons the entire evening.
Ryan announced on Halloween morning that he wanted to be Spiderman again for the third year in a row. The outfit was getting pretty tight, but he wore it to Preschool anyways. By evening, we convinced him to be Mr. Incredible as planned. He was pretty excited with his 18 treats that he got while out. 18 was plenty for Mom & Dad and we didn't encourage him to go out for more. We were done with the whole deal by about 6:00 that evening.
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I can not believe that you let Jeff walk out of the house like that. Very cute little Ryan though!
'whistle, whistle' Jeff, you should stay a man, you are one ugly woman!
Post a Comment