Disneyland Advice


Okay, so we're off on a last minute decision trip to Disneyland the week after Thanksgiving. We went two years ago with Ryan and had a blast. What advice do you all have for me? Baby advice while at the park? Any little tidbits that I won't think of would be great. Who's been lately? What's changed? What did you like? Hate? Forget? Wish you would've taken? Were glad you did take? Wish you would've left at home? I want it to be a fun trip, but Nick is such a hard baby.

12 comments:

chr!st!e said...

Sorry to say that I've never been there. I have never had the desire to go either. Someday when the kids are older I'll change my mind I'm sure. Hope you guys have a awesome trip.
Christie
P.S. Tell Ryan "happy birthday!" for us...

Erica said...

What sparked this? We haven't been in a long time so I don't have any advice for you.

Anonymous said...

-I would definitely take a baby carrier because you can't take a stroller in any of the lines.
-We all wore fanny packs with snacks in them, ate a big breakfast, had lots of snacks, then ate an early dinner at about 4:30. (Saved a ton of money that way.)
-Take water bottles and refill them in the drinking fountains.
-One restaurant that we enjoyed was the Winery (I think that's what it was called.) It was a nice sit down Italian restaurant but cost about the same as the yucky fast food places we tried.
-Hit the most popular rides in the morning because the lines get much longer in the afternoon and evening.
-If you are going to buy souvineers, do it at the end of the day so you don't have to haul them around all day.
That's all I can think of right now. Have fun!

Megan Andersen said...

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. That made it so nice when I needed to put my baby down for a nap etc. Because your right there by the park.

chr!st!e said...

This is totally off subject, but I started a blog (private) but I don't have your emmail address to include you. If you want to send it to me @ hotmamachristie@yahoo.com, I'll send an invite. Have fun in California!

Jennie Minor said...

I live right by disneyland. (Well 30 min). I think your friend Kara knows what she is talking about! The prices are crazy for food, and you will save a lot of money if you bring a lunch. bottle waters are always a MUST and a baby carrier is smart (but I'd take a stroller too)!
Another thing that you MUST do is call me and go to dinner with me. I would LOVE to see you! :) email me if you think you'll have time!

Sheryl said...

We are going after New Years. So you can give me some advice after you go.

I took Blake (to an amusement park in Idaho) when he was eleven months old and I brought baby food in a jar, some light snacks, a sippy cup, and he did fine). He refused to take a nap all day, but was happy riding around in the stroller. You just park the stroller outside of the line and carry the baby through the line. A baby bjorn might be nice, but I had older nieces and nephews and a brother and sister-in-law that were happy to take a turn with him. Make sure to take a sweater for night and a blanket for your little guy.

My sister-in-law has been tons with her daughter that's two and they stay at a motel outside of the park that is within walking distance. It's cheaper than Disneyland Hotel and you can still go back if you need to. There are a lot of hotels within walking distance.

There is so much to distract that I'm sure you will be fine. Have fun and let me know how it goes.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

We did Disneyland in October with a 5 month old.

I took my own stroller - don't rent.

I took a little starbucks thermos for hot water but didn't need it ... all the restaurants give out hot water no problem.

We used the fast pass & stroller pass deal on all the big rides ... we ended up waiting 10 minutes TOPS! We had 4 adults, so 2 people would get a fast pass @ one ride & the other 2 would get the stroller pass. Then we would go to another ride & get 2 more fast passes (you can only have 1 fast pass at a time on each park ticket) & the other 2 people would get stroller passes. Then we would go back to the 1st ride & ride taking turns in 2's. It worked awesome if it makes any sense.

Britni and Owen said...

OK Kelly, I live 20 min. from Disney and I am more than happy to watch Nick for you. Unless you were hoping for him to experience Disney too. How old is he?
And my apt. complex has a guest suite- 2 bed apt. for $125/night if you want to save on a hotel...maybe it would...I don't know.
So tips...
Food: you can bring your own food and it's worth it.
For your boys there is Jedi training. for girls I think the princess fair is over but there's now a fairy hollow where you meet faries instead.
I just like to go online and I make a list of all the rides and attractions we want to do. I list them by what area in the park they are. And then what times the parade and fireworks are so we can go to those if we want.
Then,Avoid going on the weekend. Try to go on a weekday if you can.
Let me know. I'm serious about watching Nick if you would like that.

Kelly Stanworth said...

Wow, thanks for all the great advice. We decided to go becuase...it just worked out. Craig & Britta wanted to go, then my mom & dad, then Cory. So, we're all going.
Christie, you guys have got to go! Maybe when Chase gets a little older you'll want to take all the kids?
Good idea on taking the pack for the lines and the stroller for everywhere else.
Jennie, dinner sounds great. I'll get you emailed and we'll see if we can't meet up. We're only going for a few days, so I'll see what the other family members have planned.
Brit: Thanks a bunch for the awesome offer. I may take you up on it...depending on how it goes the first day. We're only going for 5 days and my whole family will be there, so I'm hoping that between us all we can deal with Nick.
Ashlynn: Brave...a 5 month old! She must be easier going than Nick. Gread idea on the fast-pass & stroller lines. Wouldn't have thought about it until it was too late.
Thanks all & Happy Thanksgiving.

AmyJane said...

Oh, I'm too late, but I have TONS of baby disney tips--we go a heckalot for people with tiny kids. Oh well. Can't wait to see pictures of the trip!

Christina P. said...

Sounds like way fun! I can't wait to see pictures and hear how Nick did!! I am with your mom there, that's got to help a ton!