A New Swing For Nick!


When you have your first baby, you go out and buy one of everything! With Nick, I decided that I wouldn't buy a swing. I had bought one for Ryan and he hated it and never spent any time in it. That swing was in like-new condition and I thought it would serve its purpose just fine...no need for something new that we already own. I've been glad I didn't buy a swing because Nick doesn't seem to like it either. He's doesn't like the car, doesn't like his crib, doesn't like a pacifier (much to my dismay), and he doesn't like the swing. This past week, though, Nick started staying in the swing for a few minutes at a time before totally freaking out. He even stayed in it a few times during dinner. Wahoo, a hands free meal! Well, the swing broke right as he was starting to get used to it. So, off the Babies R Us I went. I intended to just buy the small $59.00 travel swing, but oh no my friend, we ended up with much more. This one looked perfect...it swings back and forth and side to side, it's soft, it plays classical music, it plays nature sounds, it hooks up to an ipod, it vibrates, it does it all. I was sure Nick was going to love it so much that he would take to sleeping in the new swing-a step up from sleeping on the couch. So far we haven't had a lot of success with the new "baby soother," so it claims! It is cute, though. My favorite part is the little ears on the head support. He looks like a little bear cub when he does stay in the new, expensive decoration in our family room.

2 comments:

Dartay said...

He is too cute! I saw your mom the other day visiting your grandma at Sterling Court, my mom works there and thinks she's just the cutest thing!

Jennie Minor said...

Kelly, its Jennie (Faulkner) Minor do you remember me from High School? I saw your blog on Kaytee's. Your family looks adorable and congrats on the new arrival.