The Winter Blahs


We're just getting over our second round of strep in three weeks with Ryan. He get strep about the second week in January and we quickly got on an antibiotic. He finished it after ten days and within two days had strep again. Back down to the doctor we went and got two different antibiotics to get rid of it for good this time. Apparently Ryan is a carried of the strep virus, just like you can be a carrier of mono. Grandma RaeMi has been so great to come down and help so that I didn't have to deal with the whining all the time. Besides, it is so much better to have Grandma here because she makes cool projects like this "Peter Pan & Robin Hood" hat. Do be sure to notice the Spaghetti O's left over on the face, it was the only thing he thought he could eat for days.
I can't believe my little boy is 5 years old already. He is so big and such a good boy. When we went to get our flu shots a few months ago Ryan told Jeff, "Dad, I'll go first and show you how it doesn't hurt." When we were done he even called Grandpa Rex to tell him that the flu shot doesn't hurt and that Grandpa needed to go get one. I think Grandpa regretted not getting one a few week later when he got the flu while hunting in Wyoming. Ryan asked the other day when we were going to get the fishing boat and camp trailer out of the shed so that we could go camping and fishing. I told him that I'm not ready to take Nick camping, but that he was more than welcome to sleep in the backyard in the igloo that he and Uncle Craig and Dad built! He didn't go for that. He's like me, wants the comfort while "roughing it."
By the way...Tay, post your blog address on one of the comments!

No comments: