Watched Over



Jeff informed my on Friday night that we were to be to the bank at 10:00 on Saturday morning to sign that papers for the new commercial building we are buying. He also let me know that he had errands to run when we were done, so we needed to drive separate. On Saturday morning we started getting snow about 9:00 and it came down hard. Jeff and I left in both trucks and he followed me. We got about three blocks away from our house and were heading down Elk Ridge Drive when I lost control of the truck (going 20 mph) and ended up flipped around on the wrong side of the road and stuck in an embankment. The ground must have been pretty soft because I couldn't get out. Jeff hooked up the tow straps and got me out (I wasn't a happy camper).



On Sunday we blessed Nick. It was nice to have our friends and family join us for this event. I couldn't find a blessing outfit that I liked, but I finally just went to the LDS Distribution Center and found this one. I didn't absolutely love it (especially because it had a "priest" collar before I cut the button off that was smack in the center), but it was pretty cute after it was on. I should have thought ahead like Kaytee and made something. My mom made the blanket a while back when she retired and had nothing to do. I really think she made it in hopes that it would be used by a grandchild. I'm sure she was starting to think that neither myself, Cory, or Craig were going to add to the family. She especially thought that of us because Jeff kept telling her that I didn't want to have more kids (it was a cop out on him not admitting that he didn't think he was ready to have 5 kids). It's hard to believe that Nick is 5 1/2 weeks old already. Wow, that's 5 1/2 weeks of no sleep...incredible that I can still function.
After Nick's baby blessing, after we all changed, and after we'd all eaten...then we decided to take a family picture with the members that we could round up. There's a lot of people who aren't in the picture and lots of friends who were busy eating or playing downstairs, but this is the jist of Jeff's side of the family.

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Nick is so cute!!! He's getting so BIG!!! How scary about your truck incident...good thing Jeff was right there!

Erica said...

It was great to be there with you guys. Get some SLEEP!!