It snowed yesterday, so we stayed inside & made homemade wheat bread and even milled the wheat off my father-in-law's farm in Delta. Now,it's snowing out again today...what else is new in the mountains? We've had about 9" today, so we decided to just enjoy it. This morning Ryan wanted "regular pancakes" for breakfast (sometimes we do dinosaur pancakes aka: German pancakes). I think I've spoiled him though because he wanted the "good" syrup, too! I caved in and made them for him. Here's the recipe for the yummiest Buttermilk Syrup:
Buttermilk Syrup (yummy)
From the Kitchen of: Kelly Stanworth
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
2 tbs. Karo Syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
Combine and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in:
2 tsp. vanilla
Buttermilk Syrup (yummy)
From the Kitchen of: Kelly Stanworth
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter
2 tbs. Karo Syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
Combine and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in:
2 tsp. vanilla
2 comments:
looks so cold! I do miss sledding and tubbing in the snow, but other than that I don't miss it! I would always get so scared driving in it! You are such a cute mom! And your children are adorable!
We need some snow. Spencer loves dinosaur pancakes too!
Post a Comment